Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Finally, Sun!

I wish you could have all seen the sunrise from Germantown Road this morning. As I was pulling out of my apartment, the clouds were pink and cream and split wide open in the east as a big orange sun peeked out from the horizon. Gorgeous! Shelby Farms was a glorious sight as well. Just as I was admiring it's hazy gold landscape, a flock of geese crossed the sky. Sometimes Memphis scenery isn't that bad... :)

Work even seems better this morning. I'm feeling upbeat. Of course Caleb leaves on Saturday and if I think long enough about that, I'll start feeling down again, but I keep reminding myself that this is necessary. He has to go back to school so he can finish, get his degree and marry me. He has to go because I have to stay here and work and finish getting things ready. I have a million projects planned to keep myself busy. First I will clean out my closet. That should take a considerable length of time.... :( But I don't want to pack up and move anything that I/we don't absolutely need. I am assuming that we will live in a very small space. I am also assuming that we will be very poor. That way, if either of these things proves to be wrong I will only be quite pleasantly surprised and thankful!

Saturday evening, I finally get to have Christmas with Kaye, Jess, and Becca. Finally! Haven't seen my girls in far too long.

More good news: think I finally figured out my new sewing machine. I may try to make a skirt some time soon...!

Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment