Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

I'm enjoying the morning alone. I spent the night with my parents last night (necessary when one suspects a snow day and does not have satellite or internet in her apartment...) and I got up entirely too early to confirm that I would not need to go into work. At 5:45, Memphis City Schools were still scheduled to open. At 6:30, still the same. By the time I got out of the shower, around 6:53, they had just announced that they would follow suit with every other regional county and city and close shop for the day. Crichton College immediately flashed up on the screen. Closed Today. A lovely, white Wednesday to spend reading, drinking coffee and not going to work.
Of course, Friday will most likely be my last day. But going to the school every day and trying to find some work to do while facing the reality that we've shut down, we'll all be terminated and dispersed, and none of us are too sure as to what to do next, is enough of a reason to not want to go at all.
I have "leads". They ebb and flow daily. But there's always something to be thankful for and I know I'll be okay. My loved ones are healthy and I'm getting married in 129 days! Looks like I'll also be returning to the theatre, which I sorely miss. Who knows what else may come along? I am trusting God's plan.
Maybe Mom and I will make bread today. I need to learn that skill...
And there's nothing but free time ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment