Monday, December 22, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Oh the drudgery of coming to work on the 22nd just to know that technically, you are only warming a seat and cannot possibly be expected to speak with high school seniors who are fresh out of exams, on holiday break, sleeping until 1 pm and could not think about furthering their education right now if their life depended on it. It's 8:43 and all I have accomplished is slipping a transcript into a file, cancelling an appointment I had previously set up for today and figuring out how much money I have to last me until Wednesday. The pickings are slim and I still have a couple of stocking stuffers and some baking supplies to buy...oh well! Caleb and I have had fun Christmasing on a budget this year. We've been pretty resourceful. In fact, this entire year is all about being resourceful. Have I mentioned that my fiance is designing our wedding invitations? And they're gorgeous?

The weekend was cozy. There was visiting with sweet loved ones, shopping, and Christmas movies. Last night I finished my Christmas novel and tied up another scarf and now there's just wrapping and a bit of baking to finish up. If I could just leave work and go do it...!

"...And a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young ones shall life down together. And the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole and the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den. They shall not hurt nor destory in all my holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord As the waters cover the sea...He will set up a banner for the nations." ~ Isaiah 11:6b-9,12a

No comments:

Post a Comment