Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sinus Cocktail, please!

It's that time of year! Sore throat and headacheyness. Not a pretty way to start my day. But after a wee bit of coffee and cranking up the space heater that sets under my desk, I am beginning to feel myself. Our office Christmas party is today so everyone came in naturally festive. There was laughter, exclaimations, a few surprise Christmas coffee mugs passed around and an array of cookies on the front desk by 9 am. Even the normally grouchy ones among us were smiling. That was pleasant.
I was supposed to make a Derby pie for the occasion but after getting ill-ish last night, opted out. I have been given a new responsibility and will be going out to fetch Christmas plates and napkins in an hour or so. I'm a little ashamed of myself because I talk about loving to bake so much and then completely whimped out on the homemade pie. But sometimes you just can't do everything, can you?
But there's so much to be done! I have Friday off and plan on shopping. Last minute Christmas things are piling up quickly. Then I watch this http://www.adventconspiracy.org/ and feel horrible. Every year I say "This Christmas will be small. One present each and it's homemade!" But then every year I get a strange obsession to buy as much as possible so loved ones will have lots of fun things to open up. It's like an addiction. I can't stand it! Of course, next year Caleb and I will probably be poor so just wait....your very own canned preserves and/or crocheted mittens are right around the corner!
Back to the grind...

1 comment:

  1. I am working on my own cold as well. And you know I would love some crocheted mittens!!!
    I have your very own, brand-spanking new Christmas CD mixed by yours truly waiting for you. I could mail it, but I would prefer to see you sometime over the holidays, as would all the Box Office Babes. Perhaps we could schedule something? A lunch maybe?

    ReplyDelete