Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No Ice Respite

I was hoping, for purely selfish reasons, that we would have a tremendous ice storm last night and I wouldn't have to come into the office today. Instead, I arrived at precisely 7:30 with my cup of Starbucks, to get a head start on the day. Bridges were a bit scary but my route was mostly clear.
I didn't sleep well last night. Work has been extremely discouraging lately and all night I tossed and turned with anxiety. But God's mercies are new in the morning! When I finally got going and came in to work this morning I felt a sense of peace sweep over me. Having to be at work at 8 A.M. has caused me to become a morning person and I find that I am most energetic, happiest, and optimistic in the morning. Now I need to find that same calm in the evenings. Night is when I usually lose my temper and begin to toss out all of the day's revelations.
To help my otherwise foul mood, Caleb surprised me last night with a new pair of nice black gloves (fleece lined!) and a pretty blue and white scarf. So sweet. I love early Christmas presents!
I'm also settling into the Christmas spirit with my new discovery of Pandora.com. You create your own radio station to listen to based off of a song, artist, or type of music that you enjoy. I typed in Celtic Christmas and lovely instrumental carols have been keeping my morning warm and cozy. I highly recommend!
Ah...I had better get that head start on the day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Casey! I didn't know you didn't know about Pandora! I am on there as well, although I don't listen as often as I should. Have I told you about thesixtyone.com? You can explore TONS of new music! It's addictive.

    Love you darling! Ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the truth is...I've known for Pandora for some time but I haven't used it until this week. I am now hooked, however. It's like a magic radio!
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete