Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ring the Bells!

Looking for a last minute Christmas album that will freshen up your holiday season? Caleb and I (and Taryn :) have rediscovered "Ring the Bells". http://www.fellowshipnashville.org/content/misc7.aspx
It's the perfect blend of carols and modern Christmas music. And the proceeds of the album go to providing water for African villages. Highly recommended.

It's so cold and Christmasy!
I was NOT prepared for said weather and didn't even wear socks with my red bowed flats this morning. We're under a Winter Weather Advisory and once again I'm at work...looking out my office window at the slippery grayness.

Last night I made poppyseed bread and finished wrapping things. Then I quickly took a turn for the worse. Quite honestly, my happy spirit dropped down to my toes and I quickly became a little Christmas brat. You can ask Caleb. :) He forgave me and once again showed me the grace of Jesus. This is such a strange time in our lives. Not only are things being turned upside down in preparation of our marriage, but our families are also undergoing big changes. The season of transition is exciting and wonderful but has also been very emotional. I feel myself more than ever yearning for a physical home that we can share together.

In other news, I dropped the lace for my dress off with Luke last weekend. I'm hoping we'll have a fitting some time soon. I cannot wait to see what it looks like!

Merry Eve of Christmas Eve.

"There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots. The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord....Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist." ~ Isaiah 11:1-2,5

1 comment:

  1. I got a lovely musical surprise from My Girlfriend Who Lives In Canada:
    Adeste Fiddles by deviationsPROJECT. Beautiful violins doing Christmas Carols!
    Hope you and yours had a merry merry day!
    xo,
    Meemers

    ReplyDelete